Karimi is an award-winning Iranian actress, film director, and translator. Dariush Mehrjui’s Sara, based on Henrik Ibsen’s A Doll’s House, gave Karimi her first nationally and internationally acclaimed role, an emotionally charged rendering of the title character, Sara, a woman on the verge of discovering the truth about her exploitative and loveless marriage. She is best known, however, for her work with Iranian director Tahmineh Milani (Two Women, The Hidden Half, and The Fifth Reaction), in which Karimi portrays, with a complex vulnerability, the challenges facing modern Iranian women caught on the cusp of religious and secular identities. Karimi, fluent in Persian, French, and English, translated Marlon Brando’s biography, Songs My Mother Taught Me, into Farsi and made her directorial debut in 2001 with To Have or Not to Have, a documentary about infertility produced by Abbas Kiarostami. Karimi’s feature film directorial debut, One Night (2005), was nominated in the “Un Certain Regard” category at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Noor Jehan in Incomplete Film Tara (1949)Date – 1949 Related Category – Pakistani […]
- Char Chand (1953) – ReviewYear – 1953 Language – Hindi Country […]
- Raj Ratan (1953) – ReviewYear – 1953 Language – Hindi Country […]
- Raahi (1953) – ReviewYear – 1953 Language – Hindi Country […]
- Shaminder Pal – InterviewPhoto Caption – Shaminder with Azra “I have […]
- Nader Madhani commented on Iqbal ShehzadTiger Gang was one of many Kommissar X series
- Nader Madhani commented on Iqbal ShehzadTiger gang's second actor was Brad Harris. This movie was actually a German production. They had a series of movies
- Shreesth commented on Latika – Profile & FilmographyYou can watch 'gopinath ' movie on you tupe now .....very clear print.
- Shreesth commented on Latika – Profile & FilmographyI am very happy to know about her .god bless her . gopi ji was a great comediean .i have
- D. Singh commented on Vishal AnandHE IS NOT the son of Dev Anand elder brother. He is the son of Dev Anand SISTER.