Karimi is an award-winning Iranian actress, film director, and translator. Dariush Mehrjui’s Sara, based on Henrik Ibsen’s A Doll’s House, gave Karimi her first nationally and internationally acclaimed role, an emotionally charged rendering of the title character, Sara, a woman on the verge of discovering the truth about her exploitative and loveless marriage. She is best known, however, for her work with Iranian director Tahmineh Milani (Two Women, The Hidden Half, and The Fifth Reaction), in which Karimi portrays, with a complex vulnerability, the challenges facing modern Iranian women caught on the cusp of religious and secular identities. Karimi, fluent in Persian, French, and English, translated Marlon Brando’s biography, Songs My Mother Taught Me, into Farsi and made her directorial debut in 2001 with To Have or Not to Have, a documentary about infertility produced by Abbas Kiarostami. Karimi’s feature film directorial debut, One Night (2005), was nominated in the “Un Certain Regard” category at the Cannes Film Festival.
- House No. 44 (1955) – Review[/imageframe Year – 1955 Language – Hindi […]
- Kum Kum, Ulhas, Nimmi and others at the Premiere of Kundan (1955)Date – July 28th, 1955 Related Category – […]
- Sabiha, Mussarat and others at a Film FunctionDate – 1950s Related Category – Pakistani […]
- Shamshad Begum’s Jaimala and Tribute by NaushadToday is April 23rd… The day when I was born and […]
- Stars and their Homes – Suraiya (1956)Date – March, 1956. Related Category – […]
- DILIP GUPTE commented on Parul Ghosh – ProfileI tried to find out as to which was the debut film of Parl Ghoshji as a singer but could
- cinemaghar commented on Lollywood – The Period full of Ups and Downs – (1991-1999)Very nice and interesting website Thanks for this post
- Saqib Butt commented on FirdousI am not concerned with personal life of Firdous Begum. But if I compare all the Top Punjabi Heroins right
- Vika commented on Vinita Butt – InterviewDid she do much work after this article was printed? She was so charming on the screen!
- Lipu commented on Vikram – MemoriesVikramji I am still your fan I have watched you in many films you were too good, Plz come back