Hindi actor, writer, director and producer born in Durg, MP. Son of the Raja of Raigarh’s chief minister. Degree in literature from the University of Nagpur (1937). Wrote many short stories. Started as actor in Bombay Talkies playing ineffectual lover opposite Devika Rani in Jeevan Prabhat (1937) . Prominent early instance of a total author: an actor- director of mid-budget socials usually scripted by and starring himself. Films often claimed classic European sources (e.g. Olivier’s Hamlet, 1948). Started Kishore Sahu Prod. (1940) and Hindustan Chitra (1944). Part of late 40s Filmistan stable. Wrote Insaan (1944) and Apnapan (1977); wrote dialogues for Vasan’s Aurat (1967) and Teen Bahuraniyan (1968). Villainous figure in several Dev Anand films e.g. Kala Pani (1958), Guide (1965), Hare Rama Hare Krishna (1971).
- Noor Jehan in Incomplete Film Tara (1949)Date – 1949 Related Category – Pakistani […]
- Char Chand (1953) – ReviewYear – 1953 Language – Hindi Country […]
- Raj Ratan (1953) – ReviewYear – 1953 Language – Hindi Country […]
- Raahi (1953) – ReviewYear – 1953 Language – Hindi Country […]
- Shaminder Pal – InterviewPhoto Caption – Shaminder with Azra “I have […]
- Nader Madhani commented on Iqbal ShehzadTiger Gang was one of many Kommissar X series
- Nader Madhani commented on Iqbal ShehzadTiger gang's second actor was Brad Harris. This movie was actually a German production. They had a series of movies
- Shreesth commented on Latika – Profile & FilmographyYou can watch 'gopinath ' movie on you tupe now .....very clear print.
- Shreesth commented on Latika – Profile & FilmographyI am very happy to know about her .god bless her . gopi ji was a great comediean .i have
- D. Singh commented on Vishal AnandHE IS NOT the son of Dev Anand elder brother. He is the son of Dev Anand SISTER.